> It sounds like ioctls are the way to talk to the FPGA, and
> your driver should take on the appearance of a platform or
> multifunction device driver (most likely the latter). I've
> written drivers like this in the past and it sounds like
> that's the way you're going to want to head if you want to
> minimize the amount of code you will be writing.
>
> If I were you I think I'd take a look at a few of the MFD drivers
> (drivers/mfd/*) in the kernel already to get a feel for how
> things are pieced together, get the FPGA part working and
> then start building on from there.

Thanks very much for the pointer.  More reading to do.

This electronic transmission is strictly confidential and intended solely for
the addressee(s). If you are not the intended addressee, you must not disclose,
copy or take any action in reliance of this email.  If you have received this
email in error please notify the sender as soon as possible. Any views
expressed within this email may not necessarily be the views held by Calrec
Audio Ltd.  Calrec Audio Ltd have taken measures to ensure this email is free
from computer viruses, however it is recommended that you also employ
anti-virus measures on your computer systems.
Calrec Audio Ltd. Registered in England. Registration number: 02392336. WEEE
registration number: WEE/JE0051TQ/PRO. Registered address: Nutclough Mill,
Hebden Bridge, West Yorks, HX7 8EZ.