Hi Geert,

On 06/27/2012 05:34 PM, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 4:55 AM, Greg Ungerer<g...@snapgear.com>  wrote:
On 06/26/2012 09:03 PM, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Greg Ungerer<g...@snapgear.com>    wrote:
On 06/26/2012 08:03 PM, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Greg Ungerer<g...@snapgear.com>  wrote:
On 06/26/2012 05:47 PM, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
Do you think I should just silently move the modified mcfne.h
to a mcf8390.h?

Sure. Why not?

We lose any git history linking the original and new file.

Your commit renaming-and-modifying it will provide the link?

I would normally do that with a "git mv". But isn't that going to
clash with your "git rm"? Or am I mis-understanding what you mean?

It may indeed give a merge conflict.

If the conflict is too complicated (we'll see in -next), I can remove its
scheduled deletion.

My concern here is that I expect that patch will go through DaveM's
netdev tree. And he may get a little annoyed when a merge conflict

Point taken.

arises in Linux next. Given that at this point we have the chance
to resolve it.

Removed from scheduled removal.

Fantastic, thanks. I will re-roll the patch moving the mcfne.h to
mcf8390.h, and resend here before I forward on.

Regards
Greg