Hi,

We're running ucLinux on a coldfire processor with no MMU.
And we're trying to run avahi to get autoip feature.

And currently I'm facing the below issue.

We're having a function call fork_dispatcher inside a function loop() in
the avahi-autoip main.c file, which will create a child process. This child
will create a pipe to read the IPv4LL address from the parent, which writes
the address, interface name etc, into this pipe. Since our child (created
by vfork) is currently running and waiting in fread (a blocking call), it
is not giving space to the parent to write the data, which the child
expects.

In No-MMU systems there is no fork, hence we have to use vfork, which will
block the parent untill child calls _exit.

And I also tried daemonizing the child and calling clone, instead of vfork,
but nothing works out.

Could anyone tell me whether there is any patch available for avahi autoip
for No-MMU systems in uclinux. I've googled but unable to find a patch.
Kindly help.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Muthuselvan S