Hi Philippe,

On 05/10/12 01:03, Philippe De Muyter wrote:
On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 04:56:01PM +0200, Philippe De Muyter wrote:
On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 11:33:32PM +1000, Greg Ungerer wrote:

My biggest concern is the amount of MCD/DMA support code. And it is
all done quite differently to everything else in the kernel. We may
get a bit of push back from kernel folk who look after DMA.

Actually, there is already a similar code in arch/powerpc/sysdev/bestcomm
(also from freescale, maybe an identical part, but I did not find any
usable doc), but the powerpc folks kept that hidden in the arch/powerpc
tree, instead of installing it in drivers/dma.

The MCD DMA or DMA FEC code from freescale has a comment implying that this
was first used in the MPC8220 part.  And Montavista has a MPC8220 port, but
I did not find it, so I do not know where they installed the MCD DMA driver.

Ok, looks like there is a bit a variance in all this.
Probably the best thing to do is post the patches on the linux kernel
mailing list then, asking for direction on a dma driver.

I have no problem with it going into the arch/m68k area. So that is
always an option.

Regards
Greg