Quoting Charlie Hornberger ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> On Fri, 3 Dec 1999 13:56:16 -0600, Bob Tanner said:
> >Quoting Charlie Hornberger ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> >> [snip]
> >> - What happens when you search by hand for ISDN in the dict table of your
> >> database (SELECT dict.word, dict.url_id, dict.intag url.url from dict, url
> >> where dict.word = 'ISDN' and dict.url_id = url.rec_id)? How many hits do you
> >> get?
> >
> >I get a SQL syntax error on your SELECT statement. Looking into the dict
> >table, I see very few entries, which surpises me. There is 1 entry for isdn:
>
> Sorry, I left out a comma -- and 'ISDN' should've been lowercased.  Sorry for
> the sloppiness...

+------+--------+-------+---------------------------+
| word | url_id | intag | url                       |
+------+--------+-------+---------------------------+
| isdn |      2 |     2 | http://wvw.real-time.com/ |
+------+--------+-------+---------------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

> >> If you don't see the URLs you expect, how does the word ISDN appear in
> >> those documents.  Is there something about the way it appears that might
> >> explain why the indexer didn't index it?
> >
> >The word "ISDN" appears is plain html, nothing fancy, no html tags, just word
> >ISDN in all documents.
> >
> >> Does the indexer create dict entries for *other* words from those documents?

It does not look like the indexer us grabbing anything inside the

> should be able to force the indexer to reindex those documents with indexer
> -m -u http://the.document.you/want ... or maybe you have to use the -a flag
> to force indexer to re-index non-expired, non-modified documents?

indexer -a -m does not help any :-) Still only 1 hit.

See my post to the list about making a document called turnkey.html. udmsearch
is not picking up stuff in the <body>...</body> tags.
--
Bob Tanner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       | Phone : (612)943-8700