Netters,
Can someone please remind NRM/UPDF that it is June in Uganda. And there is still no
announcement about the fate of Kony. I hear there was an attack carried out by Kony
last week. Or this last weekend........
Read this assurance by Saleh...................

Kony Will Be Out By May, Says Saleh

By Justin Moro
LT. Gen. Salim Saleh has reassured the Acholi and all Ugandans that by May this year,
the 17-year-old northern rebellion of the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) would have
ended, through peaceful or military means.
“President Yoweri Museveni understands the sentiments of the people of Acholi. He is
preparing himself,” said Saleh.
He was addressing Gulu residents at Lalogi Internally Displaced People’s Camp on
Monday.
“I request you to be patient because your suffering will soon end. I have reasons to
believe that we shall not go beyond May this year with this problem of the northern
rebellion. The world is waiting for its end,” he said.
Among the reasons for Saleh’s optimism was the President’s eight-month stay in
Gulu.
He said it showed the high level of the President’s commitment to ending the
conflict.
The fact that the Sudanese government had ceased to support the rebel group was
another indicator, he said.
He blamed the LRA for violating the ceasefire declared on March 1.
“LRA have violated 70% of their own ceasefire. However, the Presidential Peace Team
advised the President to withhold his anger and push on with the peace talks,” he
said.
Saleh is a member of the peace team. Ends
Published on: Thursday, 3rd April, 2003
He it is Who created for you all that is on earth...He is the All-knower of everything.
Swaddaq Allahu Al-Adhim.

Michael Bwambuga.