Hopefully, Ssenyonjo, Kigongo, etc... will also wake up from their slumber....

They look at some of us like dirt....

Mitayo Potosi

From: Owor Kipenji <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ugnet_: Re: NRM Federo without tax  powers is "byoya bya nswa"
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 04:05:19 +0100 (BST)

Ndugu Ssenyange,how many of those gullible power seeking
guys do you think have stopped to digest the import of this bluff
from Mu7?.
I thank you for seeing through this claptrap that Mu7 is laying out
to perpetuate his heinous regime in Uganda.I only wish we could
have one too many like you then shall we all gain what we want.
In many parts of Uganda today especially so where peace was
ushered in somewhere around January26,1986,this is music to
their ears because their problem is not democracy but keeping
some people out of Uganda.
Mu7 is very aware of this and since he already have a willing crowd
to dance to this music,his desire will prevail and those hellbent on
keeping others out will likewise get better sleep.
May God bless them.
Thanks.
Kipenji.

ssenya nyange <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Netters,

Forget NRM\ Museveni's Federo. First and foremost it should not
be for Buganda only. It should be open to all parts of Uganda. Second,
Federo without tax powers is not federal. These 2 issues must exist
otherwise its "trouble continues"

James Ssenyange
---------------

>The Monitor
>

> Kampala - Thursday, 21 August 2003 03:38 am
>
> > Cabinet to okay 3rd term and federo
> By Ssemujju Ibrahim Nganda
> August 21, 2003
>
> Constitution to be amended this year
>
> The mood in Cabinet has swung in favour of a federal system of
>government for Buganda.
>
> The Cabinet now also supports the removal of the presidential
>term limit, highly placed sources have told The Monitor.
>
> Several Cabinet meetings, some chaired by President Yoweri
>Museveni, have been held to discuss issues that the government wants
>amended in the 1995 Constitution, the sources said.
>
> Information minister Nsaba Buturo told The Monitor on August
>16 that several issues are under consideration but no final positions have
>been adopted yet.
>
> However, sources familiar with the discussions said that
>federalism (federo in popular speak) and the amendment of Article 105 (2)
>of the Constitution to enable Mr Museveni run for another term in 2006 came
>under serious debate during a Cabinet meeting early this month.
>
> The Buganda Kingdom has for long demanded federo, a system of
>government last used during the early days of independence.
>
> A source who attended the meetings has told The Monitor that
>there was more resistance to federo in the Cabinet meetings than to the
>lifting of the term limit clause.
>
> However, that resistance against federo was scaled down in a
>subsequent meeting that Museveni attended.
>
> The Monitor has learnt that ministers who are opposed to both
>the third term and federo chose to boycott the Cabinet meeting when
>Museveni appeared the following day.
>
> The same source has told The Monitor that the Cabinet has
>accepted federo for the Buganda Kingdom but won't allow the Mengo
>government to collect taxes.
>
> Article 105 (2) of the Constitution presently does not allow
>an individual to run for more than two five-year terms as president.
>
> Museveni's second five-year term expires in 2006. The Movement
>National Conference and National Executive Committee met in March and
>agreed to amend Article 105 (2).
>
> The National Political Commissar, Dr Crispus Kiyonga,
>presented the recommendation to the Constitutional Review Commission a
>month later.
>
> The Prime Minister, Prof. Apolo Nsibambi, told the
>parliamentary Committee on Presidential and Foreign Affairs on July 22 that
>the Cabinet was also discussing the Constitution to generate consensus on
>several other issues.
>
> Nsibambi told the committee that Museveni had chaired at least
>two such meetings.
>
> The Minister of Justice and Constitutional Affairs, Ms Janat
>Mukwaya, told the Legal and Parliamentary Affairs Committee on August 13
>that a bill to amend the Constitution would be in Parliament before year's
>end.
>
> Sources said that the Cabinet has in principle agreed to table
> [...]

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo!Messenger