You are right on Mulindwa!

Gook

"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom."- Malcom X

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Mulindwa Edward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: ugnet_: Kabaka to Meet Sudan Elders Over LRA Rebels
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:05:47 -0500

You know a good bunch of postings in this forum are not worth the time to respond, but this one surely deserves a second. You see it is such uncritical thinking and reasoning that Museveni feeds on. For example what makes one think that Uganda Districts are at war between each other? is Bunyoro's problem today Busoga? Is West Nile in confrontation with Lango? You can not put districts on a round table unless they are at log-heads. And Uganda districts are not. (Democratic and Cultural) What does that exactly mean? Is Buganda at war with West Nile for West Nile girls do not kneel down when they are greeting people yet Baganda girls do? So you want to put these two districts at a round ta ble to discuss their differences?

Red this one " Political parties should contest in regional politics (democratic) and traditional / cultural posts should be left to be set through traditional customs and norms. The separation of democratic politics from cultural politics should emphasized even if both kinds of politics will at one point or the other get intertwined, They'll have to be separated, written in the law of the land." What exactly does that sentence mean? sounds like "We have allot of unknowns that we know we do not know whether we know them, but when we know what we do not know we will tell you when we know what we do not know" Huh? How can you get an entity in Uganda which runs the political arena and the cultural arena at the same time? Look "Separation of democratic politics from cultural politics should be emphasized even if both kinds of politics will at one point or the other get intertwined" So am I to understand that the intertwining of Buganda c ultural and political matters have tought us nothing so far, or it is me on dope? And how do you separate regional and national politics by law, "By law" yet at times it will be intertwined?

Are we talking about federalism here or feudalism?

It is such nonsense that has become Museveni's daily food bank, for on such suggestions he plans a round table to make Districts make a workable setting. It is these same brains that are today jumping with hoofs for Museveni wants to discuss the opening up of party politics. When will you ever learn Ugandans?

For the record districts sit on a table to discuss how to use their resources if Federalism is introduced. Uganda's districts have no resources what so ever, everything has been grandly looted to the extent that even Kilembe mines has been closed. The entire north has been shut down for ages. More than half of Buganda's land has been sold to the Boers. What is it that is going to be put on the table to negoti ate with? What we need in uganda is leadership, we need a government, we need to start, we need to put our people back in homes.

And Zakoomu is a classic example of how much Federalists hate Northern Uganda and Northerners, for there is no way any body with a brain of a pea size, can decide to make Northern Uganda a federal State today. These are people who have been destroyed by their government, it has been a government policy to destroy the North, these people have not slept in homes for 20 years, and the only way North can get on their feet both financially and psychologically is by being up lifted by the rest of the entire nation. it is sad that the federalists want to abandon Northern Uganda to its own. But hey what do you expect from a bunch of people who have a philosophy based on miss information and disinformation, being fade on a society of the Zakoomu's who are un critical thinkers?

It sucks trust me. And we might be quite but we are watching, be ware.