Kasese Youth Support Militia

  Email This Page

Print This Page

Visit The Publisher's Site

New Vision (Kampala)February 2, 2004
Posted to the web February 2, 2004 John Nzinjah

Kampala Village scouts in Kasese district are reportedly intent on joining the Arrow Group to help flush out Kony rebels from the north.The commander of the scouts in the district, Benet Thembo, said recently they were ready to sacrifice their lives for peace in the country.

"We are ready to go to Teso to help our brother Musa Ecweru. We are looking for that opportunity. Ecweru was a good resident district commissioner," Thembo said.Echweru was transferred last month to Soroti district in a reshuffle of RDCs.Relevant Links

Many people in Kasese district have described Ecweru's transfer as untimely and unfortunate, saying he advocated unity and reconciliation in the district."People in Kasese have a bitter experience of wars including the Rwenzururu, the NALU and the ADF rebel insurgency. We know the suffering our brothers in the north and east are experiencing at the hands of the Lord's Resistance Army rebels," Thembo said.

"The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the state."

- Dr. Joseph M. Goebbels - Hitler's propaganda minister