From: "Edward Mulindwa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "gook makanga" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: ugnet_: The other side of the federo demand
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 04:10:12 -0500

And I still state that the entire discussion of Buganda is silly. And the sooner the rest of Ugandans realize that the sooner we can move on. Mutebi must start by explaining to us what happened to his bank, Teefe Bank, that was a development, if this king with all Baganda had put their heads in that only one institution and we saw it succeeding then I would have a minute for this crap of more power. Or better yet, a word from Ssabasajja rebuking its failure and an inqurely of who ate our money in that bank. But I have never heard mengo explaining to us what happened in that bank. Ssabasajja now you want my taxes? HOI I am a Muganda but no I will give it to central government for at least central government buys guns and calls for the Sebutinde inquirely to cover it up.

Second nonsense. I have read here that Kabaka is un-political, and the explanation goes that he does not stand for an office. Well granted, but that goes further for his cabinet is as well not elected. Now that is fine as long as Baganda are okay with running this kingdom on the standard it was in during 1500, they can do that. But accepting to run this kingdom on its level of 1500 and you come back and ask for authorities which must be given to elected people, the people who stand for office, means you are trying to blow and suck at the same time. And that has never happened successfully any where.

And why Mutebi and Buganda has just figured out that what Museveni gave them was Byoya Byanswa does allot of explaining about this entity.

What Mengo should do in to sit with the king and decide on developmental structures that they can do. get off your butts and developed your area, start with fighting ignorance in Buganda, start with fighting illiteracy which is abundant in Buganda especially in women. Start with getting allot of Baganda'a scholarships to go out there and be educated. Look here UPC is holding on today not because of Obote as a man, but because he believed in educating Ugandans, and he has educated very many that his name will be on Uganda for the next 50 years, at least for then they will have died of age, and since his departure we do not produce educated brains at all.

But hey Mulwanyamuli advised Baganda women/girls to try their best and go abroad to get white men who will give them money to send to Buganda. That is the investment Buganda is looking at, marrying Buganda girls to white people. Omukulu Mulwanyamuli yes and many are coming here and they are Mukomba boxes who are illiterate, yes we know many Baganda women here who come and can not even read. Mulwanyamuli but you should look at them 5 years down the road after thy have been married to a 75 year Mukuula binnyo, when they are 21. The discussion is silly indeed.