From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: ugnet_: Acholi clergy defends fr. Rodriguez
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 15:04:29 -0700>

--- Begin Message ---
My dear Musaazi,

Obviously, you need to re-read carefully your earlier contributions on this topic.  They're dripping with innuendos and inferences about who you think is really to blame for the war that has made Acholiland and its immediate neighborhood a living hell for all its inhabitants  and others within striking distance.

I can't really help you to get a grip on the ramifications of your pronouncements on the crisis in northern Uganda.  But I can provide clues.  So answer the following questions for yourself.
1. Why is it that 18 years and counting, UPDF has failed to defeat the insurgents in northern Uganda?
2. Who is supporting the LRA?

It is not practicing tribalism to mention that nearly a million Acholi people are the primary victims of the LRA.  That's a fact.  But I understand where you're coming from.  To hide a crime that by commission or ommission has genocidal implications, you must employ euphemisms and geographical references that don't betray the identity of the victims.  Also, to be a monkey-on-the-string for the NRM, you must possess the curious mentality that can support odious laws aimed at abolishing independent initiatives that fault or counter the "correct line."

I see you mention UPC, the Movement's other bogeyman, in your latest posting.  Boy, do you love innuendos!  For the record, I have never been and never will be a member of UPC.  A party I despise for its excesses, UPC owes its resurrection to ex-member Yoweri Museveni's compulsive-obsessive hatred of Dr. Milton Apollo Obote.

You say: "A southern member of perliament has even suggested bringing children in IDPCs
to the south to continue there schooling until the crisis ends, all at government's cost." -- So, each child born in Acholiland will have to be moved to another part of Uganda.  How about the parents?  Older siblings?  Other relatives?  Mon ami, relocation is as effective as treating cancer with vaseline.   What's needed is ending the war that the NRM/UPDF has failed to.

If a Rodriguez or an Odama can help move the peace process forward, why invoke the law or chicanery to prolong the status quo?  Or is there a hidden agenda to let the LRA kill off the Acholi and whomever else falls in their hands?

vukoni

PS.  BTW, could you please quote the law(s) that crimininalize nongovernmental initiatives for peace? I think we need to remove it/them from the books.  Thanks.

=features/featuredemail

--- End Message ---