Hello Kandekye,

First I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your response.

I believe you should read more carefully and comprehend the symbolism of the speech.  Dream in US political cultural parlance refers to the vision and perspective of the society..i.e, the American Dream is not meant to be understood as a dream in the sense of a sleep dream, but in the sense of the social and philosophical underpinnings of the society.  This is the way it was used in Dr. King's 1963 speech also.

So when Obama makes statements such as

But my grandfather had larger dreams for his son. Through hard work and perseverance my father got a scholarship to study in a magical place; America which stood as a beacon of freedom and opportunity to so many who had come before. ....

 And they, too, had big dreams for their daughter, a common dream, born of two continents. My parents shared not only an improbable love; they shared an abiding faith in the possibilities of this nation. They would give me an African name, Barack, or "blessed," believing that in a tolerant America your name is no barrier to success. They imagined me going to the best schools in the land, even though they weren't rich, because in a generous America you don't have to be rich to achieve your potential...I stand here today, grateful for the diversity of my heritage, aware that my parents' dreams live on in my precious daughters. I stand here knowing that my story is part of the larger American story, that I owe a debt to all of those who came before me, and that, in no other country on earth, is my story even possible. Tonight, we gather to affirm the greatness of our nation, not because of the height of our skyscrapers, or the power of our military, or the size of our economy. Our pride is based on a very simple premise, summed up in a declaration made over two hundred years ago, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal. That they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights. That among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."     That is the true genius of America, a faith in the simple dreams of its people, the insistence on small miracles."

He is talking about concrete phenomena and ideological underpinning of this corrupt racist treacherous society.

I have lived in Chicago all my life; I have watched my people murdered by the authorities from young girls shot down on the street by cops, to political leaders such as Fred Hampton murdered in his bed by police, to men hanged in washrooms of bars because he made the error of trying to use the public phone in a bar full of whites, to a young man stumped to death by mobs of whites because he had the audacity to seek employment in Cicero, to an alderman murdered in his office by offcials of the County because he dared opposed prostition and so on.

Obama is a lying opportunists and that is why the majority of Africans do not support him.

Thanks,.

Roy