UN urges end to Ugandan 'horror' **
The UN urges an end to the war in northern Uganda, where thousands of children are caught up in the fighting.
 http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/africa/3943677.stm

FNL

Simon Nume <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Matek

M7 always panicks whenever outsiders want to investigate 'Kony'.
He flew to London in June to make sure that the International Criminal Court  only investigates LRA and NOT UPDF as had been suggested.

When the US army asked for a list of known Kony financial backers that Bantanzira went ballistic saying that this was interefering in Uganda's internal business.

You have to understand WHY Naggenda objects to the war in Northern Uganda being classified as the most neglegted terrible human crisis ever.
You see if the UN does classify it as such,  it then begs the question WHY M7 did not alert the world about the extent of this war for 18 years. Further analysis would reveal the truth about who 'Kony' really is.

All efforts should be doubled to make sure that the UN classifies the war in the North as the worst neglected tragedy it is.

BTW have you noticed how Naggenda let slip of the rumour that US satellites are used in Uganda to guard M7?

"now that we have very good intelligence from some friends, ( presumable some supper power)  we are now able to deal with KONY. and the war will soon come to an end."

What these clown do not realise is that the US has probably NOW got proof that there are no 'Kony' troop movements and may turn this info against M7 one day.
He should ask Noriega, The Shah Of Iran et al

the noose is tightening.

Nume

Matek Opoko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Fellow Citizens:

I thought I would share this with you. About ten Minutes ago on the BBC World News Service  and in reaction to the UN move, before members of the United Nations security council, to label the War in Northern Uganda as the most terrible neglected Humanitarian crises in the world,  John Nagenda was asked a series of question by the BBC news Announcer.
The first question was: Mr John Nagenda what is your reaction to this latest UN move?
To which Nagenda reply: This is very unfortunate. why would the UN  express concerned about the people in Northern Uganda now that the war in Northern Uganda is winding down .. we have this people  ..the  "Kony rebels" surrendering  in large number.

Now fellow citizens, if  Kony"  has thousands  under arms ( nobody really knows how many people "KONY" has under arms since <Museveni  Army intelligence is hopeless inaccurate)  Is it sensible to ASSUME that because a "few Rebels" have surrender, therefore the war is coming to and end?    Apparently this seems to be the logic of the John Nagenda and the NRM military dictatorship.

Not to be outsmart, the BBC fellow pressed John Nagenda further..  But MR. John Nagenda, the announcer asked, don't you think the UN has genuine concern after all the war in Northern Uganda has now been fought for 19 years.. and  the "Government" of Uganda , it does seem, has failed to protect the people of  Uganda..

John replied.. you see we have 3,000 mile border with Sudan.. Kony has been sneaking in from Sudan to cause Havoc over here in Uganda..now that we have very good intelligence from some friends, ( presumable some supper power)  we are now able to deal with KONY. and the war will soon come to an end.

The BBC guy couldn't relent, he asked Again.. so when do you think this war will end.
to which John stated.. 10 weeks..

You  mean in 10 weeks  your "Government" will bring to an end a war which has taken  20 years fight ....John , with  dry mouth, said Yes ..  in 10 weeks the war will be brought to and end.

.....and now fellow citizens, we are waiting for Yoweri Museveni's NRM  Military dictatorship to end the war in Northern Uganda in ten weeks.. at least that is the commitment we got from NRM spokesman John Nagenda ..and John made the commitment before Members of the United Nations Security Council  and the world wide  BBC listeners  this 22 day of October 2004.

I suggest that if on the eleventh  week Museveni and his NRM cannot bring the war in Northern Uganda to an end,  NRM-O  should cease to exist;  Ugandans  should  do away with this incompetent organization which has brought  nothing but a  lot of suffering to the people of Northern Uganda. fair compromise I reckon!!

Matek

Do you Yahoo!?
vote.yahoo.com - Register online to vote today!_______________________________________________
Ugandanet mailing list