Seems to me Muntu means exactly the opposite of what he is saying, i.e. Uganda was involved in the death of Garang. And, Muntu should know: he used to work with Mu7.

However, like Savimbi, it was easily predictable that Garang would be assasinated one way or the other, in the name of OIL. But who got paid how much to trap Garang? Why won't Mu7 name the "certain country"  he has asked to help investigate the "accident"? What is so confidential about asking a govt to help investigate an accident that is already very well known all over the entire globe?

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it smells like a coverup

Who has ever seen the report of Kanungu massacres in which thousands perished and the Scotland Yard helped investigate?

Was there an investigation into the "accident" in whch Ayume, the AG and former Speaker of parliament, perished after being summoned to K'la by Nsibambi at the behest of Mu7?

What happened to Sekweyama?

Where is the report on Kayiira's brutal murder? etc etc etc.

Anyone know how many planes have dropped from the skies in that last 18 months or so in Uganda and what caused such drops?

Doesn't it strike anyone as odd that Uganda, a country with only a few aircraft of any kind (<100?) has such a high accident rate? Ugandan aircraft are just flying coffins!

ekissodde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Bwana Mumbowa,I think Muntu knows what he is doing.Dont forget it
was whilst he was army commander that nearly half of UPDF deserted
and went Rwanda and he claims he didnt know about that plan!Ruling
out Ugandas involvement in Garangs death presupposes that Muntu is
still privy to classified intelligence info.  --- In
[EMAIL PROTECTED], Mumbowa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I wonder whether this Mugisha Muntu believes what he is saying, if
he does, then he is very naive and will never make it in Ugandan
politics.  He has worked with M7 for so many years but does not seem
to understand his mentor's MO. If I was an FDC I would be very leery
of this Muntu, his actions do not tally with his words.

> Omumbowa
>
> Simon Nume <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Don't blame Uganda f or Garang's death – Muntu
>
> By Mary Karugaba
>
> FORMER army commander Mugisha Muntu has ruled out Uganda's
possible role in the death of Sudan's first vice-president John
Garang.

> Muntu, a Forum for Democratic Change national mobiliser, told the
press at parliament yesterday that Uganda could not have been
involved, given its strong backing for Garang's peace struggle in
Sudan.

> "I hope there won't be any distrust about our country's
involvement in Garang's death. Uganda is one of the countries that
backed Garang and his SPLA right from the start," he said.

> Muntu said it was unfortunate that Garang had died before
realising his dreams. He said, "I hope what he has achieved will be
sustained."
> MPs have expressed sadness at the sudden death of Garang, saying
it was a big blow to the course of peace in Sudan.

> The legislators said it w as unfortunate that Garang has not lived
to see the fruits of his 22-year-long struggle to liberate southern
Sudan.

> They described him as a great freedom fighter.
>
> "How can he lead a resistance against the Arabs for over 20 years
and then die at the threshold of his success? But of course the
Bible says God's ways are not man's ways," Guma Gumisiriza (Ibanda
North) said.

> They hopped that his death would not ignite another war in Sudan.
>
> Aggrey Awori (Samia Bugwe North) who said Garang was his personal
friend, said, "It will be very difficult to find a replacement for
Garang. We mourn the death of our colleague, friend and fellow
freedom fighter."