I love these Urhiyas. They never mince words! Now compare them with Ugandans
who have failed to deal decisive blow to Mu7's NRA forces, and you have a clear
picture of idiot and intelligent populations.

Ocii

Ethiopia vows to withdraw troops after Somali peace deal

Tuesday 28 October 2008 02:30.

October 27, 2008 (ADDIS ABABA) – Ethiopian government announced Monday it will
comply with a U.N.-brokered peace deal reached yesterday by Somali factions
requiring the gradual withdrawal of its troops from the neighbouring troubled
country.

Somalia’s government signed a ceasefire agreement with moderate Islamist
leaders of the opposition Alliance for the Re-Liberation of Somalia (ARS) on
Sunday after meeting an opposition demand to fix the exit of Ethiopian troops.

Under the UN-mediated agreement reached in Djibouti the troops would start
re-locating from parts of Mogadishu and the garrison town Baladwayne on Nov.
21; leaving the areas under control of African Union peacekeepers.

"We will respect this encouraging decision reached by the transitional
government of Somalia and the ARS (Alliance for the Re-liberation of Somalia),"
said foreign ministry spokesman Wahade Belay. Adding that Ethiopia will
implement the agreement reached by the Somali parties.

He further said that Djibouti deal is in line with Ethiopia policy of "orderly
withdrawal."
However the deal does not mention the full withdrawal of all the Ethiopians
troops from Somalia, where they are regarded as occupiers. So it is unlikely to
calm down hardliners who have boycotted the peace process.

Actually the hardliner Islamist Shabaab faction rejected today Djibouti
agreement saying it was a ploy to splinter the opposition.

"Fighting will go on in Mogadishu and we shall not stop until all foreign
troops leave our country," said Sheikh Muktar Robow Abu Mansoor, a spokesman
for al Shabaab.
Ethiopian troops joined Somali government forces to push Islamists out of
Mogadishu in late 2006, ending their six-month rule of most of the south. But
Islamist fighters regrouped to launch an insurgency from early 2007 that has
killed at least 10,000 civilians and displaced about 1 million people.

Somalia has lacked an effective government since the 1991 ouster of president
Mohamed Siad Barre touched off a bloody power struggle that has defied numerous
attempts to restore stability.
(ST)