Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Thilo Goetz<twgo...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> I guess I'm just displaying my maven ignorance here.  Since
>> we're not uploading any snapshot artifacts to any maven
>> repos, does it still buy us anything?
>
> It does. If I build UIMA today, I get a SNAPSHOT version in my local
> Maven repository instead of a version that may later interfere with
> the final release.
>
> A SNAPSHOT can change from day to day, but a release version should
> always stay the same.

Ok, by all means.  Still, since the version number needs
to be updated in a gazillion places, and I've already made
a start, anybody object to me changing the version number
to 2.3.0-incubating (no snapshot) now, so we can catch all
the places that I'm sure to have missed until we finally
release?

--Thilo