Not sure if anyone else needs this or not, but it was a pain in the neck to find (and no one had posted this info on getting this since like 2004). For the record, you can find the cisco vpn group passwords at http://www.helpdesk.umd.edu/documents/4/4341/ReadMe.txt for both umd (UMD) and umd wireless (UMD-TunnelAll). I got vpnc working via a plugin for NetworkManger in ubuntu. Its very nice to easily connect to umd's vpn in linux :-). I sorta assumed it was ok to post this link since its just on a non-password protected webserver for the oit helpdesk.

Michael