----- "Juanjo Pablos" <jua...@apertus.es> wrote:

> Pierre,

Hello,

> I can not tell you when, but I have been notice that sound cards are
> not being detected lately using search-win-drivers.pl . It looks like the
> hardcoded 'FUNC_01' inside InfString for HDAUDIO device seems to work
> better.

It could be a side-effect of recent kernels
(I'm still using a 2.6.32.5 here)

Could you send me the c:/netinst/logs/drivers.log file from a hardware in such
a case
and also tell which kind of hardware it is ?

Easy case for me: DELL Latptop like D520, D530 or E6410,
since I have logs for this kind of hardware.

> I did a little research and out of 255 audio inf files  and I could
> not find any other option than  FUNC_01 devices:
[snip]

I've introduced the computing of 'FUNC_0<x>" inside search-win-drivers.pl
because I've found (at least) one that made me really frustated :(

  $ cat dell/modem-conextant-d330-dell-m4300-R167368/del000f5.inf
  <snip>
  [HSF_MODEM]
  %HSFModem%  = ModemX, HDAUDIO\FUNC_02&VEN_14F1&DEV_2C06&SUBSYS_14F1000F
  <snip>

see
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/unattended/changeset?new=3067%40trunk%2Finstall%2Fdosbin%2Fsearch-win-drivers.pl&old=3054%40trunk%2Finstall%2Fdosbin%2Fsearch-win-drivers.pl

Thanks,