"James Barlow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The following line inserted in the Sun JVM installation script
> (Z:\scripts\sun-jre.bat) works with the new prepare script to download
> the installation file:
>
> ::
> URL|ALL|http://java.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=9504|packag
> es/j2re-1_4_2_03-windows-i586-p.exe

Added in next release; thank you.

> (Well done to whomever figured the silent installation parameters for
> this one. I particularly like REBOOT=ReallySuppress. Is there also a
> REBOOT=NoThisTimeWeMeanItSuppress?)

Blame MS, not Sun :-).

The JRE installer is just a modern InstallShield gadget; see
<http://unattended.sourceforge.net/installers.html#ismsi>.  So the
items inside the /v"..." are really the switches for msiexec.

There are lots of standard msiexec properties, like REBOOT:

  http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/msi/setup/reboot_property.asp

I am not sure that the JVM installer even has to reboot, but I figure
we should suppress it just in case.

 - Pat