Sorry for breaking the tread, but I never received the Patrick's letter from
the list server. The quotes below is copied from the unattended web - list
archive:

On Fredag 27 februar 2004 16:42,  Patrick wrote:
> Klaus Vink Slott <> writes:
>  > "The bootdisk directory from the Unattended distribution holds all
>  > of the disk images" Well: Following the web-link in the above
>  > sentence I find no images in the CVS.
>  I should get rid of those links; they just create confusion.
I was somewhat confused, cant speek for anybody else ;-)

>  You need to download the main distribution.  Go to
>  http://unattended.sourceforge.net/ and search for "download".
I did that, as it turned out my problem was not djgpp.env missing or wrong.

All my problems was due to long filenames in v2gnu/perl561b.zip. I originally
unzipped the DJGPP files on a solaris system (with -L option as described in
the unattended guide). When I replaced the DJGPP files from a DOS computer
things started rolling....

You may consider to modify the documentation. As it turned out my Samba server
dont truncate long filenames the same way as DJGPP expects it.

--
Regards
Klaus Vink Slott