It does work, but requires a number of modifications.

Last time I did this was with Unattended 1.0, Which is long gone by now :)

you need to install the windows installer and service pack using cmdlines.txt
in the NT install.  if you do that you will be able to get NT4 to install.

However it creates a number of issues with new applications.  Eg OfficeXP
requires you do a preinstall thing.  So it will install.  This has dialogs
you can't script and things like that.

But overall I had it working for about 6+ months before switching to win2k.

Hope this helps.