Julien TOUCHE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> * linux bootdisk errors
> could not open /lib/modules/2.6.3
>          ide-core.ko, ide-generic.ko
>          when loading ide-generic & ide-disk
> /etc/master: line 164: make-blkdev-nodes: commande not found
> sys/block: fd0, ram0-14
> else network seems ok

This is consistent with not having a Z:\linuxaux directory...  Did you
copy install\linuxaux to Z:\linuxaux?

Or, after the failure, what happens if you type "ls /z/linuxaux"?

> following could be interesting for next release:
> - way to precise keyboard mapping as kernel arg

You mean for non-English keyboards?  Hm.  I know very little about
Linux i18n, especially at this level.  Any suggestions for what to
read?

> - way to send log or dmesg to network (netcat or ftp)

Trouble is, a lot of things have to work before the network is even
operational.  I am thinking we should try to capture more data in flat
files, then provide instructions for how to upload them yourself (to
help us diagnose things).

> * freedos with undisc3.imz
> chipset untested (sis 651)A
> UMB unavailable

This should be harmless; it just means umbpci.sys didn't work.  This
might reduce the amount of free conventional memory (possibly
resulting in "out of memory" problems), but it should not cause the
failure you are seeing, I don't think.

In future releases, we will dump umbpci.sys and use the FreeDOS EMM386
clone.  The FreeDOS folks have recently (this week) made it play
nicely with DPMI extenders.

> Unattended Boot disk starting
> Initializing  network card
> 3com universal ndis driver v1.00
> [snip]
> UNDI function returned failure:
> Op-code: Ch Exit status: 6Ah

(Let's see...  Download PXE-2.1 spec from Intel's site...  Stupid
PDF...  UNDI interface...  Section 3.4.4...)

OK, opcode Ch is "PXENV_UNDI_GET_INFORMATION", which just returns your
network adapter parameters like the MAC address.  Sounds
straighforward.

(Back to index...  Exit status, exit status...  Here we go, section
3.5.)

OK, status 6Ah is "PXENV_STATUS_UNDI_INVALID_STATE".

Hm.  Not much information there.

Did this system work with the MS-DOS boot disk (Unattended 3.5)?

 - Pat