I too have had this problem but only on systems that use the b57 network card. When I have replaced it with an Intel card the problem goes away. I can always get it to work eventually but some times I have to try 3 or 4 times.

Patrick J. LoPresti wrote:

Russell Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I have experienced this issue.  I have tried 2-3 different versions
of the b57.dos driver.  All create the machine to hang.  The problem
is that is does it randomly when accessing the hard disk.  For me it
would lockup on any 1 of the 5 fdisk commands I was issuing in
unattended.  And if they succeed, I even got a couple of lockups on
Format.  And never once got it to successfully go through. (Many
hours waisted there I can tell you)

This sounds more like a memory management problem than a driver
problem per se.

If you have time, could you try the DOS boot disk from 4.1?  I added
the latest EMM386, which should cause the internals of memory
management to work very differently than before.

- Pat

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IBM Linux Tutorials Free Linux tutorial presented by Daniel Robbins, President and CEO of GenToo technologies. Learn everything from fundamentals to system administration.http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1470&alloc_id=3638&op=click _______________________________________________ unattended-info mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/unattended-info