> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Patrick J. LoPresti wrote:
>
>> I take it you cannot set option 233 on your DHCP server?
>
> Well, I don't want to issue the information all over the campus, and I
> don't want to the reconfigure the server each time I want to install a
> host. I have no idea how to solve both problems currently.

Well, you can declare a private subnet somewhere and then in your
dhcp-config only broadcast it for your specific subnet declaration

[example]
subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
        range 192.168.1.100 192.168.1.200;
        option unattended-options    "z_user=install z_pass=blaat
z_path=//server/install";
}
[/example]