Francois CORVAISIER <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm using the Dos Boot disk and each time i arrive at the part where
> it mout z: to the serveur "net use" does that error 53.  The M$
> support says that it could happen because i'm not really log on the
> domain or that there is some name problem, wherease i'm using the IP
> @ of the comp. and the "Starting network..." command ends
> successfully...

"Starting network..." just means loading network drivers.  It's the
"net use" command that actually maps the share and is failing for you.

Are you saying you are trying to use an IP address?  Like "net use
\\192.168.1.1\install"?  That will not work.

> And i ping the machine with other boot disk...

"ping" accepts IP addresses.  "net use" does not.  Either use a
NetBIOS name, or (better) try the Linux boot disk, which accepts both
IP addresses and DNS names.

 - Pat