Von: Patrick J. LoPresti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 9. September 2004 23:18
An: Schneider, Tobias
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Betreff: Re: [Unattended] Problems with Promise Fasttrak100 TX2 Raid Contr
oller (SoftwareRa id)

"Schneider, Tobias" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I just compiled Kernel 2.6.8.1 and get the array working on my Knoppix
> System.
> I had to include the modules
>       dm
>       raid1 (for mirror)
> additionally I set the kernel option PDC202xx_force

I wonder if that last is necessary when you have the dm module?  No
matter, I have added it.

> I will be pleased if you can implement them in the new build.

Done.  Please try the 4.4c-pre2 test release at
<http://unattended.sourceforge.net/testing/>.  You should only need
the "linuxboot" piece, but be sure to update Z:\linuxaux.  (Because
the binaries have changed and the new modules are under there.)

Hm.  I still need to know when to load these modules, exactly...

> To create and manage the array (a mirror here) I use mdadm, but
> raidtools will work as well.

So do we need these on the boot disk?

 - Pat