Apologies for the long delay on this.

Mark McRitchie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Think I need to get the ne.ko driver onto the unattended CD
> though. I'm not sure how to go about rebuilding the ISO.
>
> @Pat - any chance of getting ne.ko onto the latest testing snapshot?

We can add ne.ko to the boot disk, but making it load automatically
will be hard.  In general, ISA devices do not support "Plug and Play"
like PCI devices do.

I suppose we could unconditionally load the NE2000 driver, but I am
not even sure that will work right on all systems...  So I am
reluctant to add something like this.

It would be better if Bochs could emulate a PCI network card (like
VMware does).

 - Pat