Jordan Share <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Will someone tell me where to look to find out why my NTFS partitions
> are still using 512byte clusters?  I had the impression that the move
> to the linux boot disk (and its 4gig initial partitions) would enable
> 4k clusters.
>
> Or was I just thinking that for no reason?

Well, it does not depend on the Linux boot disk.  It depends on which
OS you are installing (winxp/ws2k3 good, win2k bad) and which version
of format.exe you have in Z:\dosbin.

See "Is FAT -> NTFS conversion a bad idea?" in
<http://unattended.sourceforge.net/faq.html#ntfs>, then ask again if
you still have trouble.

 - Pat