Felipe Navarrete <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> As you all know the linux boot disk as of 4.4b just boots immediatly
> and if you forget to take it out of the cdrom, when you come back an
> hour later it is still booting from the CD and getting nowhere.

True, but you can remove the CD as soon as the initrd is done loading,
when you see the first Linux kernel initialization messages.  That is
what I do...

> has this been addressed in newer releases or is this to
> come in the future?

No, and since you eventually have to eject the CD anyway, the current
approach minimizes total effort.  So I kind of like it the way it is.
But I don't care that much; if this bothers enough users, we can
change it.

> OR!
> how difficult would it be for me to do this myself?

Not too hard...  You need to edit the isolinux.cfg file on the CD-ROM
to display a menu and let you choose what to boot.  The DOS boot disk
already does something like this, so you can use it as a template.
Download unattended-4.6-dosboot.zip and take a look at
bootdisk/iso/isolinux/isolinux.cfg.  Also read the SYSLINUX
documentation (http://syslinux.zytor.com/).

If you come up with a complete procedure, send instructions here and I
will add a link in the FAQ.

 - Pat