Nott, Andrew wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've been experimenting with Unattended over the last few days. I have
> my installation share set up for winxpsp2, packages downloaded, and
> linux boot cd burned. I'm having one minor issue - the boot cd fails
> to mount the install share if I tell it to just accept the defaults,
> but works perfectly if I tell it to override them and then manually
> accept the same defaults - and one more serious issue. When the xp
> installer starts in dosemu it claims that it's unable to find a hard
> disk with 2198 meg of free space. The disk is there and partitioned
> properly (I selected the whole disk partition scheme, and that's given
> me a 4 gig fat32 partition on my 20 gig disk), and it actually works
> perfectly if I edit unattend.txt and change OEMPreinstall = yes to =
> no. At first I thought this was because I had too many drivers in
> \\ntinstall\install\os\winxpsp2\i386\$oem$\$1
> <file://%5C%5Cntinstall%5Cinstall%5Cos%5Cwinxpsp2%5Ci386%5C$oem$%5C$1> (I
> have about 1.25 gig of drivers there, everything from driverpacks.net)
> so I tried installing again, this time without selecting any of the
> drivers in there from the menu. I still get the same error. I've tried
> googling, and searching the mailing list, but haven't found anything
> useful. Any ideas?

About the Driverpacks, are you uncompressing them, or leaving them in
the original download files.  I've been using BTS using the normal
method designed for CD, and moving the files to the correct location.
If your uncompressing all the drivers, you could be running out of hard
drive space.  Weather you click on one driver, more, or none, it still
copies all drivers to the hard drive.  So if you have 1.5g of drivers,
500-600m of files of WinXP, they get initially copied to the hd, then
they get copied to other directories on reboot, you might be overloading
the 4G.

Leaving the files compressed using the normal BTS method, it works fine
for me, without running our of hard drive space, works faster, and this
way Windows automatically picks the right drivers to install.