On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:38:19 +0100
"Sebastian Mellmann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I thought it was clear what I wrote last time.
>
> I'll repeat it: DONT USE NLITE!

Only to say that I finally got it working.
I used Windows XP with SP3(beta) and ie7 modified with nlite.

What worked:
Every reg tweaks I made with nlite.
Drivers found in i386/$oem/$1.
What didn't:
All the RunOnceEx stuff.
I was logged as Administrator.

I don't know what caused that error message.
I think it's an hardware issue; my hard disk has serious problems
when touching the partition table.
Anyway, this is what I did:
- I created the partition with cfdisk (4GB, FAT32 lba type:0C)
- Filesystem: mkdosfs -F 32  -n WindowsXP -s 1 -S 4096 /dev/hda1
(I think that -s 1 and -S 4096 are useless)
- dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda1 bs=512 count=1
(man cfdisk - DOS 6.x WARNING)
- Rebooted with pxe, at the end unattended dropped me to a shell with
an error (can't remember).
- In this shell I launched parted and I saw that there was no
filesystem in the fat32 partition, so I recreated it with:
rm 1
mkpartfs primary fat32 0 4000
set 1 boot on
set 1 lba on
- Another reboot, I choosed not to touch the partition table and the
MBR. Everything was fine.

Hope it helps,
Mattia.