On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 5:41 AM, Marko Keränen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could you please provide downloadable boot-cd ISO on your website, that
> just starts Windows setup from the shared folder and does nothing else (no
> post install bats, no drivers from $OEM$\$1 folder etc.)?
>
> I've tried to do it myself and Windows setup starts but it gets into
> somekind of boot loop. I suppose this has something to do with the dosemu.

As far as I can tell from my 2 weeks of digging in and using unattended.
None of what you are asking for is actually done from the CD.  You can
control all of that from your ntinstall server, please anyone correct me if
I'm wrong anywhere.

For the no post install bats, you can edit those as one of the last steps
before Windows gets copied down and installed, or you can edit the scripts
on the server so they are blank and have nothing to execute.

For the boot loop, I'm not exactly sure what you are seeing.  Did you take
the CD out?  Is it a blank screen when it reboots?  Did you edit
unattend.txt?  Make sure that this section is in unattend.txt:

[Data]
    AutoPartition=1
    MsDosInitiated="0"
    UnattendedInstall=Yes

For the drivers, just don't put anything in $OEM$\$1.  Please be aware, it's
not Unattended copying those drivers down, that's part of the Windows
unattended install process.  If you created an unattended install by other
means anything and everything under $OEM$\$1 would still get copied to the
local hard drive:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314479
http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/
http://www.hytekcomputer.com/Articles/XPInstall/1.shtml
http://www.networkclue.com/os/Windows/install/unattended-install.aspx
http://www.installunattended.com/
http://www.google.com/search?q=unattended+install+windows

It sounds like since you don't want drivers, programs, updates, etc
installed you are not really wanting or needing what the Unattended project
provides.

Years ago, I created an unattended install of WinXP SP2, using this guide:
http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/  I did have to add drivers to the
install CD because I didn't have a floppy drive in that machine and XP
didn't and doesn't have the SATA drivers for my mother board, so those
drivers had to be included with the install.

kevin