I am writing in response to Kare's question about the expectation of not
interrupting the teacher's invitational group. I do believe that  classrooms in
which Stamina has been built, this is an expectation.  When students have been
explicitly taught to be independent readers and writers - this does become an
expectation.  This is something my students can do.  They know what to do if
they have a problem and would not interrupt.  I use the Daily 5 and it really
works.When students are really engaged in their independent work and have
practiced working independently - this is possible.

Linda
Kare wrote:
*On page 62, the ideal is described as, "When the teacher is working with an
invitational group, he/she does not permit interruptions from other students
nor does he/she initiate an interruption to manage other children." What is
your reaction to this expectation?*