At 14:11 15-01-2001 -0800, John Jenkins wrote:

>On Monday, January 15, 2001, at 01:09 PM, G. Adam Stanislav wrote:
>

>> Besides, the name of an international standard will be pronounced
>> internationally.
>>

>Why?  I don't pronounce "Paris" the way the French do.  Why should I
>expect people from other countries to pronounce "Unicode" the way I do?

That's exactly what I said. Unicode as an international standard will
be pronounced internationally: Speakers of each language will have
their own pronunciation, and some will even spell it differently.

Adam
---
Whiz Kid Technomagic - brand name computers for less.
See http://www.whizkidtech.net/pcwarehouse/ for details.