Ken,

Even those who do not know the details of Indic processing know that you can
not argue both sides of the issue.  There was a lot of criticism of the fact
that there were differences in scripts yet there was no mention that Unicode
because of its extended code base does support individualized scripts for
the different languages and can accommodate these differences.

Why was really missing was the pint that Unicode is designed to support
multi-lingual text.  If we use a ISCII how can we support a page that
contains different Indic scripts?

We can also use a common layout engine because it can adapt to script
differences.  I don't think that they think that there is a keyboarding
system that can enter data that will correspond to post layout display text.
This was sort of implied as doable but not demonstrated.

Carl