At 06:49 -0700 2002-10-14, Peter Lofting wrote:
>At 1:35 PM +0100 10/14/02, Michael Everson wrote:
>>Apple's Character Palette will not load on my machine, a bug which I
>>have been filing for a good while now.
>
>Works on my iBook. What machine have you got?
>
>Did you get a copy of 10.2 from Cork?

No, I get seeded 'cause I send in so many bugs. :-)

Actually a kind soul told me to delete

user/<username>/library/preferences/com.apple.CharPaletteServer.plist

Which does bring it back for me, though I find its functionality
isn't working properly; when you choose a new font what's in the
Window doesn't update. Thus I have Lucida Grande on screen and select
the character for Yogh which has no glyph in Lucida Grande, but when
I switch to Evertimes or Lucida Grande ME ze font, she does not
change....
48B Gleann na Carraige; Cill Fhionntain; Baile Átha Cliath 13; Éire
Telephone +353 86 807 9169 * * Fax +353 1 832 2189 (by arrangement)