At 20:17 +0100 2003-07-15, Thomas M. Widmann wrote:
John Cowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

 I'd like someone whose native script is Hebrew to comment on mutual
 intelligibility, which was the main criterion for separating
 Glagolitic from Cyrillic.

But if that criterion is applied, surely Georgian Xucuri/Khutsuri should be separated from Georgian Mxedruli/Mkhedruli: Although there roughly is a one-to-one correspondence between the two, and although both are generally applied to the same language (though normally to different stages of it), they definitely are not mutually intelligible (and in fact knowledge of Xucuri seems to be quite low in Georgia).

The UTC has agreed that we should do this. After 8 years or so of my whining.... ;-)
--
Michael Everson * * Everson Typography * * http://www.evertype.com