At 18:03 -0400 2003-08-07, Karljürgen Feuerherm wrote:
My knowledge of Aramaic script is a little scanty, but my understanding is
more or less the same as Peter's. Which leads me to suggest that encoding Aramaic separately would be a bit like encoding Old Akkadian (Cuneiform) separately from NeoAssyrian (Cuneiform). Which would be a bit silly (and not what we are planning in that arena).... Note that some people are even willing to argue that the substrate languages might be considered distinct, too--in case that is the argument which would be applied to Aramaic.

We do not encode languages. Would somebody please read http://www.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n2311.pdf before deciding what it is that is meant by Aramaic in the Roadmap? Note that Hebrew descends FROM it, and that as do number of other scripts which clearly do NOT descend from Hebrew.

Unicode encodes Square Hebrew.