Alan Wood <alanmwood at yahoo dot co dot uk> wrote:

> Incidentally, many of the new symbols in Unicode 6 are available in
> the Symbola font from George Douros, and they can be seen in Firefox:
> http://users.teilar.gr/~g1951d/

At the risk of spreading unsubstantiated FUD, I experienced system
crashes (BSOD) twice in one day while trying to configure the
composite-font feature in BabelPad 6.0.0.0 (beta D) to use Symbola 6.00
on Windows XP SP3.

I don't know yet whether the problem was with the font or BabelPad (or
something else), but I hadn't seen a BSOD on that machine for six months
or more.  Given the stability of BabelPad, even beta copies, I'm
inclined to suspect the font.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14 | ietf-languages @ is dot gd slash 2kf0s ­