In re CJK, that's already a FAQ: http://www.unicode.org/faq/han_cjk.html#16.
The short version is: if all you want to do is to draw something, then yes,
making up new hanzi on the fly is a solvable problem.  If you want to do
anything that deals with the *content* (lexical analysis, sorting,
text-to-speech), it's an incredibly difficult problem.

And, actually, there's already a way to insert nonstandard hanzi into text
(well, two, if you count the Ideographic Variation Indicator), namely
Ideographic Description Sequences.  They're clumsy and awkward, but they do
make it possible to exchange text with unencoded hanzi in a vaguely standard
fashion.

And yes, Unicode is very complicated, but that's because of the problem it's
intended to solve.  If all you're interested in is drawing text in a couple of
common scripts, such as Latin and Japanese, then you really don't need Unicode
with all of its complexity.  Unicode is trying to provide a basis for handling
all aspects of plain text processing for all the languages of the world in a
single application.

Just go to Wikipedia and look down the long list of different languages that a
popular subject has articles in.  *That* is what Unicode is trying to provide.
It's very tough to implement, but fortunately on all the major platforms, there
are libraries that make it unnecessary for you to do all the work yourself.

QSJN 4 UKR 於 2011年9月20日 下午9:01 寫道:

=====
John H. Jenkins
jenk...@apple.com