Escape Landsome wrote:

When I type unicode 0644 then unicode 064E then unicode 0627
I obtain لَا
on my web pages

That is (Ligature LAM-ALIF) plus (ALIF)

On my system this looks like (Ligature LAM-ALIF) plus (FATHA), which is what one might expect. This is running BabelPad 6.0 on Windows 7, with Uniscribe 1.0626.7601.17561, using Arial as the Arabic font.

See ligature rule L1 on page 250 of TUS 6.0:

L1 Transparent characters do not affect the ligating behavior of base (nontransparent)
characters. For example:

ALEFr + FATHAn + LAMl → (LAM-ALEF)n + FATHAn

That's bad.

What should I do to avoid this ?  Thanks in advance

In general, you cannot expect to get an answer to a question like "Why doesn't this sequence display correctly on my browser?" without providing at a minimum:

- the operating system, including version
- the browser, including version
- the font

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA