I would like to manipulate system fonts on a Windows 7 computer. More precisely, I wish to do the following:

1. Change the font for CJK Unified Ideographs (and CJK punctuation, radicals etc.; maybe the CJK Ideographs Extensions as well?) from the current Japanese-looking one to one in simplified Chinese style, though of course the new system font should also contain traditional characters.

2. Assign a system font for Shavian. Currently boxes/squares are displayed.

What I need is: 1. advice on which fonts to choose and 2. a brief tutorial how to safely change fonts system-wide.

Although I am aware that this request is somewhat off-topic I am sure that some people here will be able to give me the hints I am looking for.

Thanks in advance,

Charlie