Hi all,

I must be missing something; in IdnaTest.txt, in the BIDI TESTS section, there
are examples like (line 74)

  B;    0à.\u05D0;      ;       xn--0-sfa.xn--4db       #       0à.א

which the file alleges are valid, but I cannot for the life of me see why.
First, “0à.א” is clearly a “Bidi domain name” since it has at least one RTL
label, “א”.  As such, the Bidi Rule (RFC 5893 section 2) should be applied to
its labels, and the label “0à” fails [B1], since the first character has Bidi
property EN, not L, R or AL.

Similarly (line 93)

  B;    àˇ.\u05D0;      ;       xn--0ca88g.xn--4db      #       àˇ.א

Again, “àˇ.א” is clearly a “Bidi domain name”, but “àˇ” fails [B6], because “ˇ”
has Bidi property ON, not L, EN or NSM.

Have I misunderstood something fundamental here?  Could someone explain why
those examples are valid, in spite of RFC 5893?

Kind regards,

Alastair.

--
http://alastairs-place.net