On 17/02/18 21:01, Doug Ewell via Unicode wrote:
[…]

> I've linked Manish's post on FB as a reply to one of those mainstream
> articles that repeatedly calls the conjunct a "single character,"
> written by a staffer who couldn't be bothered to find out how a writing
> system used by 78 million people works.

Thatʼs how what initially is faulty Unicode implementation is distorted to the
attention of inadvertent customers. It should be surprising but isnʼt really…
What about “Apple of Death”? Looks like something well-known.

Made curious again by Manishʼs blogpost and Dougʼs comment Iʼve tried it in
my browser: The Telugu cluster is as inoffensive as any Unicode characters!
Works just fine on Windows. There are cases Iʼm not tempted to cease being
conservative :)

Regards
Marcel