On 2/10/20 6:14 PM, Sławomir Osipiuk via Unicode wrote:
As for "concatenation of such plain text sequences" where each sequence is in a
different language, I must again ask: Is there a system that actually does this, that
does not have a higher-level protocol that can carry metadata about the natural language
of the text sequences?
Indeed, it seems to me that concatenating such sequences *is* in itself a higher-level protocol.  After all, it isn't  "plain text" anymore when you have to suppress printing out some of it.  And we already have other higher-level protocols that can do the job about as efficiently.  So at least this particular application would be a solution to a problem that's already been solved.

~mark