Good morning Clinton,

Thanks for that. I'll see what I can come up with that will be suitable for my needs then.

regards

Bruce Rennie

On 31/05/17 02:30, Jeffery, Clint (jeffe...@uidaho.edu) wrote:

Hi Bruce,

Regarding packages, they are implemented entirely via name mangling, and there is not a standard way to extract package information from a running program or an icode file. There is package information in the uniclass.* gdbm databases stored in each source directory, but those files will not tell you what packages a particular program has imported.

Cheers,
Clint

*From:* Bruce & Breeanna Rennie <bren...@dcsi.net.au>
*Sent:* Monday, May 29, 2017 7:03:15 AM
*To:* Unicon group
*Subject:* [Unicon-group] How to determine what packages are currently in use
Greeting to all this evening,

Is there any standard way to determine what packages are currently in
use within a unicon program. I can use globalnames(&main) or
lang::get_class_for_name("knownclassname") or a combination of both to
get the various classes defined and use a variation of
Utils::mapPackageInt2Ext() to attempt to find this out, but if there is
a relatively standard way to do this, I would prefer to go that way.

In writing the Starship Simulator application, I have found that I can
usefully use some of Steve Wampler's and Robert Parlett's class
hierarchies to write the code.  To that end, I am trying to resolve how
to use these class hierarchies and I have come across as situation where
it would be useful to know what packages are in use. Each of the class
hierarchies have some crossover in functionality and have different ways
of doing the same thing which is now also part of the unicon main system
- classes, method names and methods, member names.

But in all of this, no easy way to determine what packages are
available/in use. Both these gentlemen use packages to build their class
hierarchies. Adding to that mix, I have my own set of classes that I
have found also duplicates some of their functionality as well as add
specific facilities I want.

Any thoughts gentlefolk?

regards

Bruce Rennie