On Wednesday 28 November 2007 02:40:16 Erez Zadok wrote:
> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Paul Hewlett writes:
> > Erez
> >
> > What would solve this is if the CONFIG variables in the kernel are always
> > defined but to either 0 (disabled) or to 1 (enabled) and alas that is not
> > going to happen.
>
> Yes: we have three mutually-exclusive cases to distinguish:
>
> 1. RT patches not applied
> 2. RT patches applied and CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT=y
> 2. RT patches applied and CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT=n
>
> You can't distinguish among three cases with only one yes/no bit.  You need
> two bits at least.
>
> The easiest solution, honestly, is if the RT maintainers rename that
> .__nrpages field back to .nrpages -- then a simple ifdef will work for me.
> Do you think renaming the field back is something they'd agree to?

Erez

Don't know - I'm just trying out the RT kernel and am not a member of the RT
dev group. The kernel sources are from the Gentoo pro-audio overlay but the
original work is done by Ingo Molnar at RedHat

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/

Paul

--
Paul Hewlett  Technical Director
Global Call Center Solutions Ltd, 2nd Floor, Milnerton Mall