Paul Hewlett escribió:

There cannot be a generic patch that will apply to both RT and non-RT
kernels because there is no way of automatically detecting that access
to nrpages has changed.

Yes, I understand it

There is 1 other  place where the unionfs patch had to be modified for
the RT kernel but this is covered by a suitable #ifdef CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT
statement.

Exposing my ignorance and lazyness... not sure about where and how to put this statement. I'll see it tomorrow.

(rant) No offense intended, but those problems with -rt patch have been common at least since unionfs1.4 many months ago, and are became boring. What a happy day will be when both these wonderful features get into mainline.

The unionfs patch for 2.6.23-11 has a second reference to nrpages in the
function purge_inode_data() in dentry.c. Change this line to

if (mapping_nrpages(&inode->i_data))

This change has gone away in the unionfs patch for 2.6.23-14

Thank you very much for your answer

Best regards,

Roman