On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:15, Simon Thabuteau
<simon.thabut...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do confirm that this bug is really annoying. I am using unionfs to
> make my root file system read only and I get kernel oops all the time.
> This bug is triggered by a number of applications (firefox, kde, ...)

I have another patch that prevents the oops here but I'd like to get
the opinion of someone who knows unionfs internals (I don't :) )

I don't think it should iput lower inodes after unlink while the file
is still open, and I would expect that it does not need to do so if
the file was closed