http://www.recyclebank.com/contest/index/school/id/15/

"Henry C. Lea Elementary, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Land Beautification and Cultivation
Budget: $550
http://www.philasd.org/schools/lea
Henry C. Lea is a pre-K through 8th grade elementary school in West
Philadelphia with 400 students, ages 4 to 14. Lea students often enter the
school with little experience in the natural world due to the dense urban
environment in which they live.

Our Green Plan: We will build six raised beds made of wood from local
suppliers. Beds will have gravel at the bottom and the rich Fairmont Park
soil on top. Rain barrels will be installed free from the Philadelphia
Water Department to ease watering. The existing garden will also receive
several tomato plants and cages for cultivation. To adopt a garden plot,
students with their teacher, parents or caretakers will be required to help
build the raised beds, be current members of the Lea Home, School and
Community Association (a.k.a. PTA) and willing to help during periodic work
days for the entire garden. Before and after photographs will be taken and
throughout the seasons to show the garden’s progress Lea students will
write short descriptions of what they have done and learned about plants
for display inside on the school’s bulletin boards."

Want to earn more points to donate? With the Green Your Seasons
Challenge<http://www.recyclebank.com/how-to-earn/pointsplugin/the-green-your-seasons-contest-4944/>,
you can earn up to 300 additional points. Other point gaining opportunities
are available throughout the Recyclebank website (often connected with
advertisers, fyi).

Don't have Recyclebank? Email me directly and I will bring you a sticker
and sign up sheet. The donation period goes until March 15th, enough time
to get set up and accrue points.

The maximum points that can be donated to any one project is 500. Other
Philadelphia School District Recyclebank projects include:

John Story Jenks
Elementary<http://www.recyclebank.com/contest/index/school/id/7/>,
Anna Howard Shaw Middle
School<http://www.recyclebank.com/contest/index/school/id/10/>,
C. W. Henry Elementary<http://www.recyclebank.com/contest/index/school/id/28/>,
James Rhoads Elementary<http://www.recyclebank.com/contest/index/school/id/30/>,
John Bartram High
School<http://www.recyclebank.com/contest/index/school/id/26/>,
South Philadelphia High
School<http://www.recyclebank.com/contest/index/school/id/27/>
 and WB Saul High School<http://www.recyclebank.com/contest/index/school/id/2/>
,

Please consider donating your points to Lea and other district schools in
our city. Recyclebank will match whatever funds generated, making it easier
for schools to reach their funding goals and also allowing for the
possibility of schools receiving twice as much funds as requested, money
direly needed in this season of mid-year budget cuts.

Amara
West Philly Coalition for Neighborhood Schools